Please note - price stated is per thistle.
- Stem length is approx 8 inches - let me know if you need a longer stem.
- Handmade in the finest Italian crepe paper.
- Please note all flowers are made to order - so do allow me time to make them for you.
- Price is per individual thistle stem.
- Free post & packing for all UK orders - for overseas orders please contact me.
The Thistle - symbol of Scotland
They say the thistle became the emblem of Scotland after Danish night-time raiders were discovered and routed after one of them stood on a thistle and cried out in pain, alerting the Scots. (Fanciful but amusing!) Certainly, it has been associated with Scotland since time of the 13th-century Scottish King Alexander III. It also appeared on some 15th-century Scottish coinage. The Most Ancient and Most Ancient order of the Thistle is a long established chivalric order in Scotland. We can’t award you the Order of the Thistle, but you’ll be delighted with the product if you order some thistles from us. As part of a mixed posy, for sure - but also ideal for a buttonhole on St Andrews Day, or to celebrate your Scottish links any time.