Welcome to paper-thistle.com
Hi - my name is Johanna Summers and I make hand-crafted crepe paper flowers in my craft studio in my 19th-century fisherman's cottage on the Moray Firth in Scotland.
Hand crafted from the finest crepe paper
My crepe paper flowers are special. Each petal is cut out by hand and each flower is individually made. I use the finest quality Italian crepe papers. The range will be expanding over the next few months. If there is any particular flower, bouquet or commission you would like then please contact me using the contact form at the bottom of this page.
Please note - all my crepe paper flowers are made to order - so plan ahead - allow me time to make them for you. They are worth waiting for!
Maybe you are looking for an unusual birthday gift, table decoration, window display, Valentine roses or even wedding bouquet - get in touch and let me create something unique and special for you.
I have always been creative - finding fulfillment in lots of art and craft projects such as drawing, painting, knitting, crochet, soap and candle making as well as gardening and cooking. Read more about what inspires me.
Why choose crepe paper flowers?
- Handmade crepe paper flowers will enhance any decor, in any indoor location and add vibrant colour for a very long time.
- Perfect for gifts or celebrations - did you know that paper is for a 1st or 2nd wedding anniversary ( 1st = US and 2nd in the UK!)
- Flowers can be made in colours to suit your interior design decor.
- Made from the finest Italian crepe paper.
- Crepe paper flowers won’t affect plant allergy sufferers.
- Considering the price of fresh flowers, you’ll see that you could actually save money too.
- They are low (or no) maintenance, just keep out of strong direct sunlight and dust occasionally.
- Please note all flowers are made to order - so do allow me time to make them for you.
- Free post & packing for UK orders. For overseas orders, please contact me. Form at bottom of this page.